»The AGCs have been vital in ensuring optimum generator operation at all times and ultimately help us provide a more sustainable and reliable energy supply.«
Mauricio Garcia, Engineer Manager, Sotreq
Sotreq chose reliability, protection levels, & easy operation
Turning waste into gold
In the São Paulo district of São João, plastic pipes worth gold channel filtered landfill gas for the generators at a nearby 25 MW gas power plant.
Produced by the landfill waste and collected in a number of gas wells distributed across the 80 hectare 500 ft. landfill areas, the biogas is transported from the wells through the pipes to the on-site gas treatment facility located on the top of the landfill mountain.
Here the foul-smelling gas is cooled and the vapour that would otherwise clog the gas pipes and damage the machines later in the treatment process is removed.
Equipped with 16 × 1.54 MW gensets and Caterpillar G3520C engines supplied by Sotreq, Brazil’s biggest Caterpillar dealer, the plant features a DEIF power control system of AGC Automatic Genset Controllers.
Sotreq is a Caterpillar dealer with expertise in the fields of construction, mining, energy, oil and gas. Serving the Southeast, Center-west, north and northeast of Brazil, Sotreq provides CAT machinery, equipment, spare parts, and support.
Integrated systems DM 400 gas
- Gas engine and generator control, protection, synchronising and load sharing for both active and reactive power
- Mains protection including loss of mains detection
- Control of aux systems: gas mixture and gas circuit, air circuits/exhaust gas, cooling circuits/ emergency coolers, heating circuits etc
Digital voltage controller DVC 310
- Start management capability with start on threshold, soft start, and Close Before Excitation (CBE) functions
- Voltage regulation accuracy +/-0.25 %
- Optimise genset performance and size using exclusive engine help functions (load acceptance module, negative forcing, U/f, soft voltage recovery and stator current limitation)