Automatic genset controller AGC-4
The Automatic Genset Controller, AGC-4, is a flexible genset control unit containing all necessary functions for protection and control of a genset. It is capable of delivering critical backup power, emergency power and standby power from an impressive six seconds while utilising its close before excitation (run-up synchronisation) and hot standby features.
The Automatic Genset Controller, AGC, is a flexible control unit containing all necessary functions for protection and control of a genset. It can be used as a single unit for one genset, or a number of AGCs can be connected in a complete power management system for synchronising projects, islanded or paralleled to the mains.
A standard in the Automatic Genset Controller, AGC-4, using DEIF’s Emulation Solution, all you need to do to perform a complete test of your Power Management Systems is to turn on your controller and connect communications.
Grid code compliant
The AGC-4 controller complies with the majority of requirements for parallel to grid operation, including German VDE 4110/4105, European EN50549-1/2 and United Kingdom ENA G99 standards. Both protections and grid support functions are included, giving you a “single controller fits all” solution.
Remote communication and control
The AGC-4 supports serial communication protocols including Modbus (RS-485, USB, and TCP/IP) and Profibus. This feature allows you to supervise and control your genset/plant from a remote location.
Critical power applications
With its integrated close before excitation (run-up synchronisation) feature, the AGC-4 secures backup power availability from an impressive six seconds. Combined with the option of having doubled, redundant/hot standby controllers on all positions, the unit is ideal for all types of critical power applications, such as data centres, hospitals, airports and fish farms.
Rental genset applications
Rental companies will benefit from the standardised user interfaces of all DEIF controllers. The controllers have been designed with ease of operation in view, and rental companies can easily set and lock parameters to ensure full protection of their equipment.
AGC-4 is plug’n’play compatible with DEIF’s ASC-4 hybrid controller for easy integration of diesel genset applications into a variety of hybrid installations. The market-leading solution maximises sustainable power penetration while always securing a sufficient amount of spinnning reserve in case PV production drops.
Available standard modes:
Island mode: Power plant with synchronising generators or a stand-alone generator. Also applicable in critical power plants.
Automatic Mains Failure: Critical power/emergency standby plants, black start generator.
Fixed power: Power plant with fixed kW set point (including building load).
Peak shaving: Power plant where generator supplies peak load demand paralleled to the mains.
Load takeover: Plant mode where the load is moved from mains to generator, for example peak demand periods or periods with risk of power outages.
Mains power export: Power plant with fixed kW set point (excluding building load).
Remote maintenance: Used when the generator has to supply the load while a distribution transformer is disconnected for service.
All modes are configurable, and it is possible to change the plant mode on the fly both in single and in power management applications.
- Up to 32 gensets in one plant
- Synchronisation of up to 56 breakers in one plant
- Multiple operating modes in one software
- Multi-master power management
- Load-dependent start and stop
- Load management
- Emulation for fast training and I/O test
- Automatic Mains Failure sequence
- Complies with: VDE AR-N 4110 (medium voltage, Germany), VDE AR-N 4105 (low voltage, Germany), EN 50549-1:2019 (Europe), ENA EREC G99 (United Kingdom). Option A10 required.
- Approved by TÜV and UL
- Hot standby for full system redundancy
– change to backup genset controller on the fly
- Redundant CANbus for power management
- Close Before Excitation
– synchronisation from 6 seconds
- Fully compatible with AGC 200 controllers
- Suitable for hybrid power solutions fitted with ASC-4 controllers
Digital voltage controller DVC 310
- Start management capability with start on threshold, soft start, and Close Before Excitation (CBE) functions
- Voltage regulation accuracy +/-0.25 %
- Optimise genset performance and size using exclusive engine help functions (load acceptance module, negative forcing, U/f, soft voltage recovery and stator current limitation)